Tuesday, December 11, 2012

a little more each day.

The road to pure Joy is filled with pricks and sticks. The sticks I have to avoid and the pricks are always just there…poking you…annoying you…and being a prick.


Okay, now that I have gotten that little bit off my chest, I have a few joyful things to tell you about.

We went to the oncologist this morning and everything continues to be great and no more visits until June for him. We see the surgeon in February sometime but even then the outcome looks good there.

It is the end of the year and things can be pretty stressful here at work. I refuse to allow that to get the best of me. I realized the other day that spending ½ my time outside of the office bitching about the office made me a very bad non joyful person to be around. I will stop complaining, at least for now, about the ignoramuses that I now spend my days with.

We have a goal set for us each year and that goal for me this year was $1.2 M. By the end of the month, I should have hit $1.8. Cool little bonus check for me. That brings me Joy.

Because of the HUGE numbers that we hit this year the company is giving us iPads for a year end gift. This is in place of the typical $50 AMEX gift card we normally get. I will take it.

Peanut is getting that for Christmas. That frees up a few dollars which will allow me to get Jelly a lap top and something really cool Lego wise for Butter.

The honey is seriously considering a change in careers. If you don’t know me personally then this may not seem like such a huge deal. Honey is about to turn 47 in a few months and has had 1 job at 2 companies and he started working at the age of 15. This somewhat excites me, as this job he has has been killing him for the past 10 years. Physical labor and long hours don’t mix well with a man who has crohns disease.

I have so many little stories to tell you about that it makes it hard for me to catch you all up. I will continue to place a little more into my day each and every day.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Love the update!