There has been so much going on in my life that I realized that months have slipped by and I don’t remember where half of them have gone. I recently celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary and for shits and giggles we tried to remember our favorite things that happened during each of those years. Funny thing was that the birth years of my three children were the three distinctive years that I could remember and not much beyond that. So sad, my husband decided it was not a fun game so we quit very early on.
But I am now looking on the cusp of my 43rd birthday (Monday) and have tried to put my life into perspective. Where am I? Am I happy? Am I healthy? Do I want to be here or somewhere else?
So, I decided that I would do a Thanksgiving post of the things that have truly been a blessing in my life these past few months.
I am used to chickens in my life but today it is turkeys.
1. I made it through the 8th grade year with Peanut, although he needed to attend summer school. He is now in a vocational technical high school and doing FANTASTIC.
2. I found that even though all summer we thought it was our last year at the camp, we have the chance to rent it next year (and maybe a few years after that). This may actually give us the chance to build.
3. I set myself a goal of 20 pounds by my 20th anniversary and even though I did not reach that goal (15 pounds instead) I feel so much healthier and stronger because of it.
4. I climbed a mountain. Literally, I climbed a mountain. This was completed and although I think I could have done it a few months and 15 pounds heavier, it was a great accomplishment.
5. Butter has stepped out of his comfort zone and secured a lead in the Willy Wonka production at his school.
6. I survived a major car crash and with only a month and a half of physical therapy and doctor’s appointments I am back in the saddle again.
7. I have a job, so many don’t now a day, but I do. It drives me crazy sometimes but all in all I am happy I have this job.
8. I have developed some strong friendships with those that had built walls before. I know that I am a strong willed person but I love breaking walls and finding that there is a great side on the other side.
I will post more thanks but now I need to get back to work or I won’t have #7.